Position Vacant ~ Volunteers' Manager
The Christchurch Transitional Cathedral holds a special place in the centre of Christchurch. It is a House of Prayer, the spiritual home of the Anglican Church in Canterbury while we wait for the Cathedral in the Square to be reinstated. As an iconic building, representing the regeneration of Christchurch City. it attracts a wide variety of visitors from all over the world. There is a team of volunteers who offer hospitality seven days a week, help run the Cathedral shop, and offer tours. There is also a community of regular worshippers who provide leadership in the context of Anglican Liturgical Worship.
The Cathedral is looking for a Volunteers’ Manager following the retirement of our previous highly-respected and long-serving Volunteers’ Manager. We are looking for a person who is able to work on a half time basis, although for a candidate with the right skills, there is an opportunity to add additional work and hours up to a full time position.
- Recruit and train volunteers and ensure there is a culture of appreciation for their work.
- Maintain data, such as contracts with volunteers, to a high standard.
- Prepare rosters for volunteers, and for the liturgical needs of the Cathedral.
- Coordinate our volunteers so everyone knows when they are rostered on.
- Ensure volunteers have been briefed on Health & Safety.
- Maintain the volunteer manual, health and safety manual, and compliance documents in accordance with relevant laws.
- Work collaboratively with the Cathedral staff team, and report to the Dean.
You will be:
- A person with a strong empathy for, and understanding of the Christian faith in general and the Anglican Church in particular.
- Super organised and pay great attention to detail so no-one and nothing falls through the cracks
- A great communicator who can clearly articulate instructions.
- A team player able to work within the Anglican ethos of the Cathedral.
- A confident decision maker, within delegated authorities, and able to work unsupervised.
- Savvy computer skills,
- Able to pivot, it’s a constantly changing environment.
- Calm amongst the many interruptions and chaos of Cathedral life!
If you are motivated and keen to help our Cathedral be a vibrant and hospitable presence in the City of Christchurch, please apply by sending an application letter and a CV to:
The Dean of Christchurch
P O Box 855, Christchurch 8140.
Closing date: Friday 3 March 2023